Quantity surveying services
Kaizon are able to provide a full range of comprehensive and competitive quantity surveying services from early feasibility stages right through to project completion. We provide services throughout New Zealand and the Pacific. Our quantity surveyors are an integral part of the design and project management team on projects of all sizes and levels of complexity. At Kaizon, we work closely with clients within all sectors of the construction industry including consultants, main contractors and sub-contractors.
We tailor our services to meet each client’s objectives and project requirements in order to achieve the best outcome for each individual project. Our projects range from residential renovations right through to commercial and industrial projects.
Kaizon use the latest in 2D and 3D cost management technology that assures our clients receive the right delivery framework. Our systems can provide valuable up to date reporting so clients know precisely where they stand at any point in their projects’ life cycle.
The pre-contract stage is one of the most important stages of any project when careful consideration needs to be given to produce realistic costs and project budgets. Early involvement of our quantity surveyors can ensure that clients are fully aware of their financial commitments to successfully complete a project.
What services are offered at pre-contract stage?
- Collaboration with consultants and clients to provide cost and commercial guidance from conceptual stage through to detailed design stage
- Market research & feasibility studies, using our in-house cost database, regional databases and other relevant information
- Libraries are continually updated to ensure country-specific information is incorporated and up to date (current prices of labour, material and plant)
- Evaluation of design documentation and advise most cost-effective materials and methodology options to suit each project (value management)
- Budgets, estimates, cost planning and cost control
- Replacement cost estimates for insurance
- Advice regarding contractor procurement and contractual arrangement
- Assist with the preparation of tender documents
- Preparing schedules/bills of quantities
- Trade package measurements for main contractors and sub-contractors
- Detailed analysis of tenders including recommendations and conclusions
- Meet with selected tenderers and clarify all the qualifications and discrepancies from the tender documents
By the time you are at this stage, the contract should have been developed, approved and a suitable contractor appointed. The effects of any changes to tender documentation during this stage will be vastly costlier to the client than during the pre-contract stage which is why it is important that a quantity surveyor is involved.
What services are offered at post-contract stage?
- Liaise with clients, consultants and contractors
- Checking contractor’s interim valuation and settlement of final account
- Administration of provisional sums and prime cost sums
- Re-measurements of quantities
- Monitoring of changes to documentation
- Evaluation and negotiation of variations
- Checking and managing claims and disputes
- Production of cash flow charts and financial reports
- Drawdown and cost-to-compile reports for financial institutions
- Assistance with resolving contractual issues